Hi all! Over the next few days/ week I’ll be working on making sure my player doesn’t go off screen (still a bug I haven’t fixed yet) and also adding enemies and pollen to collect (for points). Once the above is done, the game will be complete in a simple state, and will just require to be polished on top. Polishing will require remaking the menu’s using my own art style rather than the built in unity code, making stages other than open field and forest, and making lots of animations for the player. I plan to have this game finished and released before Christmas, and will continue to support it afterwards with updates that improve functionality. (such as online leaderboards rather than local high scores.) Either way, enjoy the latest build!


It’s been a while since I updated my Game Development section, so I thought I’d post my latest build: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55177814/project%20dandelion%20site.html I’ve now made a main menu, which will be updated to be more polished when the game is complete and done. I’ve also added a score system, which isn’t currently saved, but will be in due time. Let me know what you think and by all means give feedback. This is very early, and I’ll soon be adding enemies and items for you to collect and get more score with, so keep coming back for more builds.


So today I spent the whole day watching The Wire (A fantastic TV show from HBO) whilst also working on my main playable character. The screenshot above is the outcome, which I’m quite pleased with. It’s now just a case of working it into my project, which will require me learning how to properly export the player so that my character collides with the world like before (Previous attempts at importing objects always led to physics and rigidbodies not properly being implemented).


So the other day I asked the great community of Reddit for help and advice on where I should go next in terms of optimisation for my current project; Project Dandelion. If you want to try the current build, click the link below and install the Unity web player: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55177814/project%20dandelion.html I do apologise on the quality of the current build. There are 2 different types of level to be generated, one with trees and one a open field, but due to the frequency of the instantiating, it may take you a while to see both levels. Everything also needs to be tweaked, so try not to hit the booster too many times. The one great thing about this build though is that most of the core mechanics are there and working, they just need to be tweaked and expanded upon, so bare with me as I continue to progress in…

Read more

So I’ve been working on my game today, and I haven’t made any progress in a while, until today that is. I’ve finally been able to make my level randomly generated. I mean it’s rudimentary at the moment, and looks like crap, BUT it’s just a case of art assets not being up to scratch. In theory the logic behind the level generation works and is perfect for what I need. I currently only have 2 levels to choose from, a open field and a forest. My game object travels at a set pace in front of the player, and generates content far enough ahead that the world looks like one continuos level. Once this content is used and goes off screen, it is destroyed and frees up space in the ram. Next I’m going to work on getting the physics of my player set up. Currently the player can…

Read more


So I’ve decided to show people what my game can do so far and what I’ve implemented, so here it is: The only problem I’ve ran into so far is working with the iPads accelerometer. When the app first loads up, it grabs the iPads current accelerometer speed on the y-axis, and subtracts that from all further movements. This works fine for allowing the user to keep the iPad in the initial orientation they had, but means moving down on the y-axis is very slow, as it has less room to choose from. This should be fixed soon.